Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dialogue


Sitting in a quiet hallway I take my seat against the wall and open my book. As classes begin to leave I watch as everybody files out, talking to each other about all different things. Across from where I sat two women, who seemed to be close friends sat next to each other, already in a heated argument,
            “I cannot believe you! You’re retarded.”
The short haired girl snapped, pointing her finger at the other women, who just sat there crossing her arms, shaking her head,
            “No, YOU’RE the dumb one!”
Shaking her long brown hair she pulls up her foot revealing her shoe, she carefully unties the shoe laces and then proceeds to tie while singing a song from what I thought to be from SpongeBob,
            “Make a Loop-de-Loop and pull, and your shoes are looking cool!”
The other girl flailed her arms, in disgust as the friend finished tying. Pointing out again the brown haired girl said,
            “THIS makes sense. Whatever you’re doing, is just plain wrong.”
            “I see absolutely nothing wrong with how I tie my shoes, which makes you stupid.”
Obviously giving up the brown haired girl sat back in her seat as the other flaunted her shoe at her.          
            “Stilled tied, SEE!... you stupid, I win.”
Both sitting back in their seats they both looked back at the clock then back at each other with the same look on their faces. Bursting into laughter the brown haired girl asked,
            “Why do have these stupid arguments? We’re arguing about how we tie our shoes!”
            “Why? Because you’re stupid, I’m stupid and we’ve been friends for way too long.”
They both silently looked at one another, almost communicating though their exaggerated facial expressions, shook their heads and they both got up and left.

3 comments:

  1. I love how this argument is about the stupid topic of how to tie your shoes! It makes it entertainig to read and it sounds like an argument I would have with one of my friends :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is such a great argument that you listened in on. I would be completely stunned by this argument, then I would realize this is something that me and my friends were argue on about for quite sometime. This is a fun dialogue to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Initially the conflict seems pretty serious, especially when the one character says, "I can't believe you. You're retarded." Then, of course, the conversation digresses, and we know that the conflict isn't even remotely dire.

    Oh, and for the record, at age 37, I still tie my shoes using the Mr. Rogers "bunny ear" method. ;)

    ReplyDelete